Who we are / what we do
At Hanno, we’re dedicated to helping organisations of all sizes transform themselves and the healthcare industry. For us, this means rethinking what it takes to design, build and launch the next generation of digital health products and services—whether their goal is improving patient care, treatment compliance, clinical diagnostics or surgical precision—these are serious challenges, and they need seriously good solutions.
More than a consultancy, we’re also an in-house product team—we are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. To do this we need an amazing team of designers, engineers, strategists, and roles we haven’t even created yet.
We don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or even a product studio. We work with our clients as if we were part of their team. We join them in the trenches. We treat the unseen aspects of their product as if they were on full display. We go above and beyond the brief to maximise the impact and success they have on the market and the users they serve.
To live up to this, everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards the same goal—to improve the health and wellbeing of people all over the world.
If that lights a fire in your belly, come on board.
What you'll be doing
Imagine yourself as the lead sherpa, guiding our clients as they scale an unclimbed mountain. You will help plot the route, prioritise and execute the ascent, and mitigate risks and pitfalls. In practical terms (we have a penchant for the theatrical), you will be leading small, highly skilled teams to conceive and deliver world-class user experiences that maximise adoption, engagement and retention of digital healthcare products and services.
- You take “extreme ownership” – You employ broader thinking. You can prioritise and execute tasks between multiple workflows and disciplines. You know when to manage and when to lead (you can seamlessly switch between “playing the orchestra” and “leading the jazzband”).
- You can work fast, and slow – Having worked in both fast-paced start-up environments and more process-driven corporate settings, you know how to balance lean, MVP product development principles with corporate governance and signoff processes.
- You live and breathe product – You’re obsessed with building fantastic products. You keep abreast of what works and what doesn’t as our medium continues to evolve. You can instantly recognise the tools and methods required to achieve results in any given situation.
- You’re willing and able to go beyond the conventional – Realising the promise of digital healthcare for patients and clinicians has a long way to go. You’re not just comfortable managing what you can measure, but leading into the unknown, with open eyes and an open mind, reacting effectively to the needs of a shifting landscape.
- You have a sharp eye for detail – You have highly developed organisational skills. You leave no stone left unturned and let nothing slip through the net. You’re on it.
- You’re radically transparent with the team and our clients about your priorities, choices, tradeoffs, and decisions.
- Several years experience leading teams in the development of great digital products and propositions
- A portfolio of projects that you can talk us through, the end result, the process you took, trade offs you and the team had to make, etc.
- Clear experience analysing, synthesising and turning disparate, qualitative and quantitative research and data into design principles and briefs
- Clear experience interrogating target user/customer needs and marrying these with strategic, operational and tactical objectives
- A deep understanding and appreciation of UX design, behavioural science and gamification, and where and how they should be used
- Rich experience of managing innovation and design processes: from running “Sprints” to formulating design thinking tools and methodologies
- Fluency in spoken and written English: accents are fine, but we work on tricky projects across multiple time zones, so great communication is a must
- Willingness to get overlap with the team and client: they could be spread between European and US time zones, so you’ll need to arrange for adequate overlap each day
Bonus if you also have
- Experience doing all of the above 100% remotely!
- A “tier 1” consulting firm background
- Knowledge and experience of creating products for patients and clinicians
Think you know of someone that would be a great fit? Refer them and if we bring them in (on a contract or as a full-time hire) we’ll send you €500 — contact us for details!
Strictly no agencies or recruiters please.
A small (but important) note on diversity
One thing that we are committed to improving is the diversity of our team. We'd consider ourselves a pretty diverse bunch of people, geographically speaking: we have shipmates of many different nationalities, working from multiple locations and with some very diverse personal interests. We're keen on receiving applications from everyone regardless of their gender, race, location, age, sexual orientation, and background. So don't hesitate to get in touch!