Putting Humpty Dumpty back together again
What do we mean by health? Is it the absence of disease? If you're not sick, then one could argue you're healthy. But is that looking at the glass half empty, rather than full?
The WHO defines health as a “state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” So what steps can we take to create a health ecosystem that has human flourishing as its organising principle rather than just the treatment of disease?
In this episode we consider this question from multiple perspectives of the fragmented health ecosystem and discuss how they can unify around a holistic, human-centred approach to the challenges that lie ahead.
- Doctors being usurped by AI (03:12)
- What do we mean by AI? (05:26)
- What an ideal healthcare system of 21st century looks like (11:03)
- Our healthcare system at a glance today (15:49)
- Unpicking what we mean by health (18:41)
- How to measure flourishing health (22:24)
- Possible future career opportunities in health and life coaching (32:54)
- Thinking about health through an ecosystem (37:47)
- The evolution of Eastern and Western medicine (39:48)
- Level of cooperation to strive for between technologies (50:26)
- Guarding healthcare from capitalistic tendencies (54:27)
- The consequences of indifference (1:08:22)
- The fundamental impact of data (1:10:50)