These days, building a simple website is relatively straightforward and has been more or less commoditised by great tools like Squarespace (which we often use on smaller projects). But to assume that marketing involves only coding up and launching a website that looks visually strong is to greatly underestimate the importance of communication and content strategy.
Content strategy has always been one of Hanno’s core strengths: we work with clients to help them to connect with their audience and convey their ideas, vision and product in an authentic and on-brand way. This is a challenging, but deeply rewarding process that leads to highly effective marketing campaigns and even to deeper organisational change and strategic clarity.
Here's a look at one of our recent content and strategy projects:
So what does this involve?
There are many steps to the content strategy process:
- We speak to you and your team about what your company stands for and what you’re aiming for.
- We research your organisation, your product and your market to figure out what makes it unique.
- We produce brand guidelines - check out our own simple version.
- We help you to understand why your organisation exists, along with your goals and vision, and help you to vocalise this.
Who we’ve worked with
We draw from our experience working with startups and young organisations, but have also worked with a lot of extremely large ones too. Some examples are:
- Helping Stratim, a funded startup in San Francisco, to identify and then communicate a compelling vision of the future of transportation. We carried out a 2 month strategy and positioning project with their team, starting off with researching and understanding their market and business, before moving on to brand strategy and positioning and eventually, delivery of marketing assets to communicate all of this.
- Working with Betfair’s CEO and innovation team to set up an innovation lab to focus on company projects. We helped them to strategise future business directions and build and test new products.
- Helping Lenovo to launch a key new product and to determine and create the product’s market positioning and public messaging. We also designed and built this website, rolling it out to over 30 markets. The launch was extremely successful and the website saw extremely high conversion rates of over 50%.
- Working with a large international healthcare organisation (subject to NDA) to determine the positioning and launch messaging for the launch of a launch a new product outside their traditional marketing channels.
How can we help you?
If you're launching a new product or trying to improve the way an existing one is marketed, we'd love to hear from you. Just get in touch!