4.5 hour workshop, with 10 hours of additional coaching
£4,000 per team (up to 4 people)
Get to know your product and your users. Take UX matters into your own hands.
Give your team a head start in user research, user testing and prototyping
When you’re building a product, involving your users from step one is key. After all, they’re the ones who will determine if your product is going to sink or float. When you learn how to derive valuable insights from real people, you put yourself in a position to design the best possible user experience (UX) for your users, giving your product the best chance of success.
We know that UX can be daunting if you don’t quite know where to begin. That’s why we’re arming your team with the right information and putting you in the driver’s seat with our UX Slipper Camp. Gain the skills and experience to independently run everything from your own user research campaigns to quickly creating functional prototypes for testing to trialing your product with users.
Consider this your first step towards building a solid UX foundation for your team so that you’re ready to take your own UX matters into your own hands.
Ready to take it a step further? Launch into further learning with our UX Deep Dives workshops.
This workshop is great for teams who
- Want to get up and running with their own user research
- Want to learn the best ways to run user interviews and how to interpret insights properly
- Keen on building quick prototypes for testing
- Lack a proper user testing process and want to put a solid foundation in place that your team can build on
Teams who complete this workshop will be ready to
- Transform assumptions about user behaviour into hypotheses that need to be validated
- Create quick prototypes to test your product idea with users
- Run effective user research and user testing campaigns
- Analyse feedback and identify patterns and insights
What you will get
A broad, 4.5 hour online workshop teaching you about
- How a good user research process can fit into how your team operates
- The fundamentals of user testing
- Testing and validating a hypothetical simple new feature for your product
10 hours of coaching and 1:1 follow-ups to
- Help you implement learnings from the workshop
- Track your progress and tackle any challenges you may be facing