Our core team has been working together for over 10 years.
We first started Hanno as an all-purpose design & engineering studio in London, building and launching products and services for high-growth startups & household names, along with our own ventures (we helped Uber to open up the European market and launched our own user research business).
Since 2017, we’ve been working exclusively with healthcare companies, helping teams to develop digital health products from the ground up.
How we work
There’s no such thing as a “unique” process, but we do feel that our previous experience—combined with our understanding of human factors and medical device engineering—has led us to a way of working that’s particularly suited to helping healthcare companies create the right products in the right way.
To learn more, take a look at our SaMD Playbook.
What we can do
We’re set up to cover every aspect of designing, building and launching software as a medical device, including:
- User research
- Experience design
- Digital product design
- Usability/validation studies
- Human factors engineering (HFE)
- SaMD engineering & operations
We’re also ISO 9001 and 27001 certified.
What we’ve been working on
While our projects progress through trials/studies under NDA, here’s a flavour of what we’ve been working on:
- Wound management. Creating accountability to reduce diabetic foot amputations; Reducing practice variation in home health nursing.
- Oncology. Helping people with advanced disease adjust to a new treatment and balance longevity with quality of daily living.
- Diabetes. Motivating teenagers to self-manage their Type 1 Diabetes; Helping parents stay on top of a young child’s condition.
- Neurology. Optimising treatment and integrating care for people with neurological disorders.